Recently I wrote two articles about SuccessFactors Release Updates. Today I want to answer some questions for our implementation Partners, because just 2 weeks ago SuccessFactors Education release some news regards the Delta Content and Exams in order to keep your Certification. Some questions are still open but I am sure this article will help you to understand the new announcement.
Delta Content Exams for SuccessFactors
On the 31th of August (some Partners got it some days later) many Consultants, including me, got an E-Mail from SAP. Every Consultant, who holds an SAP Certification in one or more SAP SuccessFactors products was asked to review the Delta Content and complete a Delta Exam in order to keep their certification. The official announcement was:
“To maintain your current certification a review of the quarterly delta content in SAP Learning Hub, professional edition is required and you must complete the included Delta Assessment Exam in SAP Learning Hub, professional edition within the next 90 days.”
The instructions in the E-Mail are clear. Let’s discuss the details later in this article, because first of all I want to tell you exactly how you will find the right Delta Content for you and what you need to take care of.
Where you found your Delta Content for each Module
This is a Step by Step guide so nobody gets lost on the way. If you want to skip some requirements and instructions, use the direct link to the Learning Hub. Otherwise: Every Consultant needs a SAP Learning Hub, professional edition subscribers. There is no way around this, except if you want to lose your Certification. To check if you have the professional Edition, use this link, please don’t forget to login with your correct S-User. If everything is there, lets go into the Learning Hub.
Please choose “Learning Content” in the Main Menu. In the “Catalogue Search” search you can manually search for the module that you are certified for. I recommend to search for the phrase “Delta Content” as it is in every name of the Delta Courses. The following Delta Courses are offered:
- Introduction to SAP SuccessFactors Q3 2016 Delta Content (THR80D_EN_Col63)
- SAP Jam Collaboration Q3 2016 Delta Content (THR90D_EN_Col63)
- SAP SuccessFactors Career Development Planning Q3 2016 Delta Content (THR95D_EN_Col63)
- SAP SuccessFactors Compensation Q2 2016 Delta Content (THR86D_EN_Col62)
- SAP SuccessFactors Compensation Q3 2016 Delta Content (THR86D_EN_Col63)
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Q2 2016 Delta Content (THR81D_EN_Col62)
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Q3 2016 Delta Content (THR81D_EN_Col63)
- SAP SuccessFactors Foundations Q2 2016 Delta Content (THR80D_EN_Col62)
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning Q3 2016 Delta Content (THR88D_EN_Col63)
- SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding Q2 2016 Delta Content (THR91D_EN_Col62)
- SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding Q3 2016 Delta Content (THR91D_EN_Col63)
- SAP SuccessFactors Performance and Goal Management Q2 2016 Delta Content (THR82D_EN_Col62)
- SAP SuccessFactors Performance and Goal Management Q3 2016 Delta Content (THR82D_EN_Col63)
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management Q2 2016 Delta Content (THR83D_EN_Col62)
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management Q3 2016 Delta Content (THR83D_EN_Col63)
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing Q2 2016 Delta Content (THR84D_EN_Col62)
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing Q3 2016 Delta Content (THR84D_EN_Col63)
- SAP SuccessFactors Succession Management Q2 2016 Delta Content (THR85D_EN_Col62)
- SAP SuccessFactors Succession Management Q3 2016 Delta Content (THR85D_EN_Col63)
- SAP SuccessFactors Variable Pay Q2 2016 Delta Content (THR87D_EN_Col62)
- SAP SuccessFactors Variable Pay Q3 2016 Delta Content (THR87D_EN_Col63)
- SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics and Planning Q2 2016 Delta Content (THR89D_EN_Col62)
- SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics and Planning Q3 2016 Delta Content (THR89D_EN_Col63)
What is Content of the Delta / Exam + Tips
Each of the Delta Content Courses contain a PDF with a summary of the most important Release Updates and a Delta Exam. Depending on the module, it will take you approximately 30-60 Minutes to review the Delta Content. The exam won’t take longer than 5-10 Minutes and contain mostly between 3-8 questions.
In my personal case, I had to do 4 Courses: Foundation*, Employee Central, Recruiting Management and Workforce Analytics. * I recommend Foundation in general, and explicitly for EC Consultants, but I am not sure if it really is mandatory. So it will take around 4h every 3 months for the Delta Content + Exams only.
Important: A surprising thing is that you need a pass rate 100% in your test results (Edit: In Q2 Delta Content you just need 80% correct for RCM and EC). So read the questions carefully or review the PDF again.
Tips: Don’t be afraid of the Delta Content. Normally you reviewed the Release Update before or visited the Release Update Webinar anyway. It’s a great summery, really easy to review and you can repeat the Delta Exam in the Learning Hub (I am not perfect and had to repeat 2 of them). If you are afraid of exams just have the PDF open at the same time and review it together with the questions.
Insider Tip: I call it an Insider Tip, because I wasn’t aware of it first and it is really confusing if you don’t know. If there is a Checkbox, there is more than one correct answer. If there are radio buttons, then there is just one correct answer. In EC Q3 they at least mentioned in the question that there are 2 questions correct. In WFA Q3 and some Q2 Courses not! So watch out =)
Open Questions for SuccessFactors Delta Exams
- I just saw the Q2 Delta Courses just some days ago… It is still open for me if you need to do them as well in order to keep your Certification
- You can print or save your Learning Hub Certification, but it is still open for me if they go automatically in the Credential Manager in order to keep Certifications up to date and visible for Customers and Partners.
- How will SuccessFactor freelance consultants will deal with these Delta Courses?
- I guess if you lose your Certificate if you don’t do the Delta Courses / Exams, but what happens to people who go on short term leave > 3 months? Do they need to do a full Certification again to get their Certification back?
- If you lose a Certification (and you may just own one) do you lose Provisioning access or is there any automatic mechanism to avoid that non-certified Consultants can work for customers?
Well for most of the people one thing is obvious. SuccessFactors Education seems to be a new income source for SAP. Every Consultant needs a Learning Hub Subscription. With the Standard Cost of 2.500 $ per year it is fairly a big amount of money that is SAP collecting from their partners. I think it’s a valid question to ask if this is fair if you consider that a company pays a Partner fee and several other things already.
They want and need Partners to approach the new markets (Keyword HCP) and also the Mid Key market. With the statement of Mike Ettling, that they want to go deeper into the mid size market of 500 – 5000 employees is it smart burden them with an additional yearly fee? I don’t know, I think other influencers need to discuss.
Some people already seem to be overwhelmed with this; another thing you need to keep track of. It is hard enough to follow with up the Release Updates. But didn’t Partners and Consultants complain after the first Delta Exams?! I think we got what we asked for: an up to date delta exam! Yes it is a bit of time after every Release, but in my opinion it is a valuable experience. What do you think?
Learn more about SuccessFactors Release Updates
This article focused a lot on Delta Contents and Exams for Partners. If you want to learn more about Release Updates in general, get to know tools and amazing tips and tricks have a look at the following parts of the series.
- SuccessFactors Release Updates – How to keep track
- SuccessFactors Release Updates – Tools, Tips & Tricks
- SuccessFactors Release Updates – Delta Content Exams for Partner
If your employer doesn’t provide you with personalised access to a LearningHub, here’s how you can get one for yourself.