Some slides from „Best Practices for Managing Local Configuration and Custom Development in a Global SAP ERP HCM System“, a presentation given at one of our previous Conferences, including the key concept of Line-Oriented Authorization.
We will be having another Conference in May this year, if you are interested in finding out more, please visit our page on iProConference SAP HCM – 6/7 May 2015 in London.
In the document, we:
- Discuss the risks and pitfalls found in an international setting, where local experts are responsible for at least some of the system configuration relevant for their countries
- Explore the options to deal with these issues
- Focusing on configuration activities
- Showing how line-oriented authorizations can help to deal with the issues, but also have their limitations
- Demonstrate how line-oriented authorizations are configured and used in a user role
- Discuss the cost and benefit of technical solutions for these security issues, and ponder upon alternatives